Tuesday 23 December 2008

Easy.

I woke up late today, following celebrations last night upon being accepted into The Bastards. I logged on to comms, arranged the transfer of modules, ammunition and my collection of the corpses of previous enemies from my old headquarters in the Ladistier system to my new home in Evati. Minutes later I had hastily entered my Crusader, undocked and moved one system over after hearing that Cpt Abestos had found a Sleipnir Command Ship in Todifraun.

Alongside me came Randgris in a Dominix and Cpt Abestos himself in a Curse, forming quite a formidable fleet for a lone Command Ship. We warped to the location Cpt had given us and landed in an asteroid belt, all alone it seemed. Suddenly a new signature flashed up on our overviews. The Sleipnir had apparently warped straight in on top of us. Immediately I locked the target and scrambled his warp drives, activating my afterburners and guns and settling into a close orbit to avoid his gunfire. This proved to be unnecessary however, as not only did our target not move, and simply attempt to shoot at me from a stationary point, but he also had his tracking systems disrupted by the Curse of Cpt Abestos.

Soon the unlucky pilot found himself deep in armour and going down. In an attempt to save his ship he transmitted "Stop guys, please" into the local comms channel, this was followed quickly by a "How much you want?". A quick discussion in fleet communications and we decided to ransom him for 100 million Isk, a fair price for such a ship. Randgris opened negotiations with him and submitted our demands, along with a "Make it fast." We didn't want to find out if he had friends waiting just out of system to jump in and ruin our days.

Luckily for us, he didn't have friends and made the payment quickly, we checked the amount and made our departure, myself and Cpt Abestos ending up at one safespot, Randgris at another, not too far from our own.

I checked over my ships damage logs, not a scratch from the Sleipnir, all within half an hour of waking up. Easiest 33.3 mil I've made in a while...

Kalazar.

No comments:

Post a Comment